Don’t let them eat cake!
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have reportedly not received an official invitation to attend King Charles III’s birthday parade next week amid the Duke of Sussex’s ongoing trial against Mirror Group Newspapers.
Harry, 38, and Markle, 41, have not been asked by the British royal family to attend Charles’ Trooping of the Colour celebration on Saturday, sources told Daily Mail columnist Richard Eden in a story published Monday.
“I’m afraid it’s a reflection of the state of relations at the moment,” a source said.
This reportedly marks the first time the red-headed royal has not been welcome at his father’s official birthday festivities.
Harry’s estranged relationship with the 74-year-old monarch seemed to be cordial when the red-headed royal attended Charles’ coronation ceremony on May 6.
While Harry wasn’t granted an official role at the event and was relegated to the third row, Charles’ youngest son and wife were more than welcome to attend.
The Duchess of Sussex notably skipped the coronation and stayed home with her and Harry’s two kids, Prince Archie, 4, and Prince Lilibet, 2, to celebrate their son’s birthday which fell on the same day.
While Harry traveled across the pond to attend the coronation stag, he swiftly popped a U-turn back to Montecito, Calif., to join his family for Archie’s birthday celebration.
Tensions seem to be higher than ever between Harry and the royal family members as he continued to battle it out in court against Mirror Group Newspapers — the publishing powerhouse behind the Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror and Daily Express — for allegedly hacking his phone to obtain information about him.
“Tabloids would routinely publish articles about me that were often wrong but interspersed with snippets of truth, which I now think were most likely gleaned from voicemail interception and/or unlawful information gathering,” Harry said in his witness statement last week.
Meanwhile, MGN’s attorney Andrew Green KC claimed in court that much of the information published about Harry in their stories was “disclosed by or on behalf of royal households or members of the royal family.”
Harry’s trial involves 148 articles published between 1996 and 2010, according to the BBC.
Page Six exclusively reported that his family was “privately bracing” for his testimony ahead of the trial.
“I can’t imagine anyone is pleased,” one highly placed palace source told us.
Another royal source said, “Harry would see himself as fighting their battle too, to protect the reputation of the monarchy.
“But certainly, they [the royal family] avoid confrontation with the media in most instances. And litigation is so lengthy, stressful and unpredictable, not to mention expensive.
“You just have no idea what direction the other side is going to go in on and what they will dredge up.”
Harry had skipped the first day of the trial so he could celebrate his daughter Lilibet’s birthday in California.
Royals fans also want to know:
The Sussexes were snubbed yet again when not one working royal wished Lilibet a happy birthday on social media.
It comes as no surprise that Harry and Markle are getting the cold shoulder from his family considering the couple has consistently bashed the monarchy since their resignation from their royal duties in 2020.
They have dragged Charles, Prince William, Kate Middleton, and other royals in several interviews and his controversial “Spare” memoir.
Reps for Harry and Markle did not immediately respond to Page Six’s request for comment.