Prince Harry reportedly pitched Spotify a podcast concept, in which he would interview the likes of Vladimir Putin, Donald Trump and Mark Zuckerberg about their childhood traumas.
The Duke of Sussex’s far-fetched idea left execs feeling puzzled, sources with direct knowledge of the situation told Bloomberg in an article published Thursday.
Harry, 38, reportedly also proposed interviewing Pope Francis about religion, floated a show centered around fatherhood and a series covering societal matters like climate change.
The insider alleged the practicality of Harry’s pitches struck some Spotify employees as “questionable,” considering people like Putin, 70, and Zuckerberg, 39, rarely give interviews about their personal lives.
None of the ideas were executed as a podcast for the duke never even materialized — despite his and wife Meghan Markle’s $20 million-plus deal with Spotify.
Last week, The Post reported that Harry and the Duchess of Sussex parted ways with the streaming giant because they couldn’t deliver on expected numbers.
A source confirmed that Markle’s podcast, “Archetypes,” won’t be getting a second season despite topping the charts last year, adding that the couple didn’t produce enough content to receive their full multi-million dollar payout.
Spotify and Archewell Audio said in a joint statement at the time that they have “mutually agreed to part ways and are proud of the series we made together.”
For more Page Six you love …
Markle, 41, interviewed guests like Serena Williams, Mariah Carey, and Paris Hilton in the first season of her Spotify show, which was comprised of just 12 episodes.
However, the “Suits” alum has seemingly found another outlet to voice her opinions.
“Meghan is continuing to develop more content for the Archetypes audience on another platform,” an Archewell Productions spokeswoman previously told The Wall Street Journal.
Amid the news of the Sussexes’ exit from Spotify, sources accused Markle of not actually conducting some of her interviews on “Archetypes.”
Andy Cohen has since called the claims “insane,” confirming that it was, indeed, the former “Deal or No Deal” model who interviewed him for the now-defunct show.