In January 2021, Stephanie Seymour and Peter Brant, the parents of 24-year-old Harry Brant, released a heartbreaking statement to People revealing that their son had passed away due to an accidental overdose of prescription medication. They said, “Our hearts are shattered. Harry wanted to overcome his addiction and was just days away from re-entering rehab.” It appears that Harry had been struggling with addiction for many years, and his father had been trying to get him to go back to rehab. A source said, “He was supposed to go to rehab again [on Monday]. It’s hard, anyone who knows addiction knows this.”
Unfortunately, Harry had some run-ins with the law in his lifetime. In 2016, he was arrested for not paying taxi fare and holding a bag containing “a white substance that later tested positive for narcotics,” according to Page Six. A police report stated that he initially resisted arrest and was charged with illegal possession, larceny in the sixth degree, and interfering with an officer.
If you or someone you know is struggling with addiction, help is available. Please visit the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration website or contact SAMHSA’s National Helpline at 1-800-662-HELP (4357) for more information.