Peter Obi has given an update following the theft of his identity in the United Kingdom.
The presidential candidate of the Labour Party, LP, in the February 25 presidential election, revealed that the identity theft encounter in the United Kingdom, UK, started from Nigeria.
Obi also disclosed that the incident is still under investigation by the UK government.
The former Anambra State governor made the assertion while speaking as a guest during a Parallel Facts Media Twitter Space programme held on Sunday.
Recall that Obi was detained for hours, and interrogated by the immigration officials at Heathrow Airport, UK on discovering his identity was duplicated in April.
Meanwhile, Obi said he is now extremely careful and managing the incident hoping that nothing goes wrong.
He said, “Thank God nothing happened. I have been managing it; I have been to the UK since then and they too are investigating because when I arrived I asked them and they said they were looking into it.
“That’s all I can say for now. I am also very careful, extremely careful. I’m managing it and I am hoping nothing goes wrong. But it all started from here; that’s all I can tell you. It’s something that started from Nigeria. I’m being careful about it.”